mystery caterpillar, answer to Harriett

Eric or Pat Metzler spruance at infinet.com
Sun Dec 23 20:40:28 EST 2001

Harriett,

This is undoubtedly a member of the Arctiidae (Tiger moth family).
Knowing more about the color of the tufts and the size of the
caterpillar will help.  Feeding on Apocynaceae (although not this
species) is well recorded for many species of tiger moths.

When James Adams begins reading his messages after Christmas I'm sure he
can tell you even more.'

Best wishes for the Holidays,

Eric Metzler in Columbus OH where it is raining and cold.