on wing patterns

Felix Sperling Felix.Sperling at ualberta.ca
Sun Feb 4 19:40:38 EST 2001

David,
	What I meant to say is that wing pattern (and the underlying
genes for them) may say one thing, while mtDNA may say another.
Whether mtDNA or wing pattern genes are more likely to be a good
indicator of what the majority of the total genome is saying is an
open question.
	I have unfortunately been overwhelmed by a barrage of
administrative crises that got dumped on me on Friday and I'm unable
to follow up on this more fully. Fortunately it looks like others are
filling the gap already.

	Felix