Giant Swallowtail

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Thu Feb 22 10:31:50 EST 2001

Papilio cresphontes, unless they have changed its name again ... one,
last week, dashing about. This week, two of them, distinctly
twitter-pated. I think I saw a Cassius blue as well, Leptotes cassius. I
didn't wrastle it down and peruse it, but it is hanging out in the
avocado tree, where I usually see them. Probably feeding on the honeydew
from the lacebugs. Sigh.
Frogs have been singing at night (real frogs and tree frogs) and I'm
spring cleaning, getting right back into the backs of the kitchen
cupboards.
My brother in Newfoundland, however, says that he has two meters of snow
plus drifts in his garden, and he doesn't think spring is anyplace
close.
Not that there's anything *wrong* with winter, in its place. I do think
it is causing much of the non-lepidopterous wrangling, banter, etc. on
this list. You Australians aren't trying hard enough, in my opinion. ;-)
Cheers
Anne Kilmer
South Florida