Field data (Sightings)

mbpi at juno.com mbpi at juno.com
Sat Feb 24 09:02:02 EST 2001

You know, Chris, when you make such blanket statements as "anti-collector
types" being "rude, arrogant, and silly," the same could just as easily
be said about you!  There are just as many "obnoxious types" on BOTH
sides of the fence, and just as many who aren't.  Everyone is entitled to
their opinion, but considering the hostility that is often exhibited on
this listserv, it's hardly a mystery why more people don't offer their
input on any discussions that predominate these airwaves.  Obviously,
they're afraid of being black-balled for some innocent remark!  It took
me a YEAR just to open my mouth here, and I've yet to report anything
specific about butterflies simply because I'm neither "arrogant" nor
"silly," and would hate to be mistaken as such.  And even though I'm not
a "collector," I don't think I'm "rude" about it, either.  My interest in
butterflies (and Bill's in Tucson)  may be very different from yours, but
I hardly think it is any less qualifying.  I guess I'm speaking for the
"silent majority" out there...

God, I HATE winter!  Arizona beckons...

M.B. Prondzinski

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!