Find a Book

Leptraps at aol.com Leptraps at aol.com
Mon Jan 8 07:01:58 EST 2001

I was given a 1906 edition of The Moth Book when I was 13 years old. It was
like new. (Not the case now, it looks like a 1906 book) The plates are still
very clear and bright. I came across another 1906 copy in a book store in
Tupelo, Mississippi in 1996. It was like new as well, and a bargain at
$25.00. The plates are excellent.

I have two copies of the Dover edition, compared to the plates in the 1906
edition, they (Dover) look almost blurred.

I do not know if there is any truth, nor do I wish to start a rumor, but many
years ago, I heard that there were 28 addition plates that were never
included in the original printing. Has anyone else know of this or is it just
a rumor.

Cheers,

Leroy C. Koehn
202 Redding Road