Find a Book

Stanley A. Gorodenski stanlep at extremezone.com
Mon Jan 8 19:16:17 EST 2001

It is interesting that Holland's Butterfly Book does not seem to suffer
from the same poor plate reproductions in its numerous printings as the
Moth Book does.  The plates in my book, which I am certain I bought new
around 1960 although the copyright dates are way before my time, are
nice and clear.  I notices on the page that gives all the copyrights
that in 1931 29 new plates were added (to the Butterfly Book).  This is
pretty close to the rumor of 28 for the Moth Book.  I wonder if the
person who started the rumor got the two books mixed up.

Stan