Holland's Moth Book

DR. JAMES ADAMS JADAMS at em.daltonstate.edu
Tue Jan 9 09:25:46 EST 2001

Listers,

        I, for one, find the plates in my 1968 Dover Edition Softcover
Copy of Holland's Moth Book quite good.  I have from time to time
used it to (correctly) identify, along with other resouces for updated
nomentclature, several moths from out west.  Even some of the line
drawings in the text are sufficient for this (eg. Argillophora furcilla
and Cerathosia tricolor).  Either I got a good copy or the lack of
quality has been overexagerated.  Having only used this copy,
however, and having only seen very worn copies of earlier editions,
perhaps fresh copies of the hardback edition really *are* a lot
better.  Could be that being spoiled on a really good copy makes
the Dover softcover appear really bad!

        james

Dr. James K. Adams
Dept. of Natural Science and Math
Dalton State College
213 N. College Drive
Dalton, GA  30720
Phone: (706)272-4427; fax: (706)272-2533
U of Michigan's President James Angell's
  Secret of Success: "Grow antennae, not horns"