Photos of urban monarch overwintering sites in California

Mike Quinn Mike.Quinn at tpwd.state.tx.us
Thu Jan 11 11:09:22 EST 2001

I once visited California. While there I saw a Cabbage White nectaring on a
Dandelion in the shade of an Eucalyptus Tree at the edge of a golf course.
(Will scan and post photos shortly.)And at that very instant, I knew that
that crazy Cherubini guy was right all along. Such a sight was absolute
proof positive that there has never been any environmental degradation or
loss of biodiversity anywhere in California or in all of North America for
that matter. It was so obvious I don't know why didn't I see it before...
NOT. ;-) Mike Quinn