Migration strategies

Cris Guppy or Aud Fischer cguppy at quesnelbc.com
Sat Jan 13 22:19:13 EST 2001

Ron,

What definition of "migration" do you use? Please contrast with a definition
of "dispersal". To start things off, I define "migration" of butterflies as
the movement of many adult butterflies in the same consistent specific
direction away from their place of emergence or hibernation. In contrast I
define "dispersal" of butterflies as the movement of one or many adult
butterflies in an arbitrary direction, away from their place of emergence or
hibernation.

Cris.