Migration strategies

Jean-Michel MAES jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
Mon Jan 15 00:10:54 EST 2001

English is not my language but I would be also interested in terms.

Migration, I understand also for long distance movement of a population with
a goal. Classical as Danaus plexippus populations from US to Mexico round
trip.

Round trip or not. "Migrations" of Urania from atlantic to pacific coast in
Nicaragua. I do not know why they move and I do not think they go back. Is
this migration ?.

Short trip with goal. Some Pieridae "migrate" by thousands from dry places
to humid places. Is this migration.

I think if we try to put some example it will be more easy to make
definitions.

Saludos a todos.

Jean-Michel MAES
MUSEO ENTOMOLOGICO
AP 527
LEON
NICARAGUA
tel 505-3116586
jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
www.insectariumvirtual.com/termitero/termitero.htm#nicaragua
www.insectariumvirtual.com/lasmariposasdenicaragua.htm
www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/workers/JMaes.htm
www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/database2/honduintro.htm