UF RECEIVES $4.2 MILLION GIFT FROM A COLLECTOR

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 15 07:57:29 EST 2001

In article <000c01c07cc1$022fe700$9b0f1218 at gscrk1.sc.home.com>
           gatrelle at tils-ttr.org "Ron Gatrelle" writes:

> Bill was (is?) an avid skipper collector for those who do not know of  him.
> Now that he has donated such a massive amount to "conservation and
> research" I wonder if the collectors-are-murderers crowd will consider this
> as pennants so they can release Bill from their collector's Hell or at
> least move him over to the NABA Limbo.

Do you have any evidence of the existance of the "collectors-are-murderers"
crowd?

I have been on this group for many years and I have never seen any real
evidence of their existance.

I ask this because I am conservationist not an animal rights activist.
There is a difference and I don't support the banning of collecting.
I do think that some very rare species should not be collected though.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.nwjones.demon.co.uk/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn Bog