the extremists

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Mon Jan 15 13:33:27 EST 2001

Yes, I know of a couple. The bad apples that spoil the bunch. I am very
tempted here to name one name in particular. The person lives below the
Mason Dixon line and is fairly well known. I also admit Neil that just one
of this type is all us pro-collecting types need to go superlative and
build an even bigger straw man. Just as one real poacher is all the "other
side" needs to impugn all collectors.

Neil, not only do I agree that rare species should not be collected. I am
the rare collector who does believe that one collector can eliminate a
local population. However, I believe this is only done by the aggressive
collection of immatures -- e. g. Megathymus larvae and pupae.