Lets get physical

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Mon Jan 15 17:54:46 EST 2001

Well, I guess I could set my recumbent bike in the butterfly garden and
pedal along vigorously, but with the payoff basically two butterflies, I
ain't a'gonna.
 I spent a few years working with Community Workers (semi-criminals
doing penance) and setting them a good example was pretty good exercise.
The trick is not to step backwards when too near Phoenix reclinata, for
instance. And we got pretty good at excavating torpedo grass, competing
to see who could get the largest shoot.
This is a grass that can easily penetrate concrete, and has runners that
go for many feet. So carefully dissecting it out of your flower beds is
pretty strenuous.
What we really need is a pedal-powered laptop, so that you have to work
in order to compute. Now there's a motivator.
Anne Kilmer
South Florida