Extinction and migration

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Tue Jan 16 13:08:05 EST 2001

Sorry for not being sufficiently clear. Let me try one more time. I have no
problem with scientists engaged in academic research using the word
extinction in any way that they wish. Many resource management
practitioners, myself included, find utility in using that word in a
different way. That is not revisionism and is not even a science issue. It
has to do with communication between people for specific purposes.  I trust
that scientists will be respectful of people in other walks of life and
resist the temptation to suggest that their opinions on word definitions are
in any way superior to others :-)