Journals on CD

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Thu Jan 18 23:20:11 EST 2001

The good thing about electronic data is the ease with which it can be
updated to the newest technology. 3 1/2 or 5 in floppy, tape, CD-RW etc.
The only problem occurs when humans fail to transfer the files to the next
level. I know I have stuff on 5 in. (or is it 5 1/2 in.?) floppy that is
*stuck* only because I was too slow (or lazy) to transfer it a couple years
ago when I had the chance.

Publishers and libraries on the other hand should never get behind on
information transfer because it is there job. I go to the library now and
am lost without a card catalogue. It is all filed on computer and I get
lost! Go figure!