Journals on CD

Jean-Michel MAES jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
Thu Jan 18 22:54:51 EST 2001

Dear Ron Gatrelle,

The libraries normally tells you that the main problem is the changing
technology. You can read a book of LINNAEUS if the library permit you but
most of the floppy disks, dikettes and some CD ROM are now nearly impossible
to read because there is no more slots for floppy disks in computers and
some programmes are not more used. That is for stuff put on disks 10 years
ago. What agout 50 or 100 years more ?

Except of that, I think CD ROM is a very good and cheep solution for
publish.

I am preparing "Mariposas de Nicaragua" probably to be distribute at the end
of february.

Sincerely,

Jean-Michel MAES
MUSEO ENTOMOLOGICO
AP 527
LEON
NICARAGUA
tel 505-3116586
jmmaes at ibw.com.ni
www.insectariumvirtual.com/termitero/termitero.htm#nicaragua
www.insectariumvirtual.com/lasmariposasdenicaragua.htm
www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/workers/JMaes.htm
www-museum.unl.edu/research/entomology/database2/honduintro.htm