the extremists/ be careful

Leptraps at aol.com Leptraps at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 15:54:35 EST 2001

Regardless of what the out come of these poachers was or will be in the end.
It is, and has been, illegal to collect in National Parks and National
Wildlife Refuges. Regardless of how anyone attempts to view these three
individuals, they collected butterflies in federally protected areas and they
were caught. Period.

I am an ardent collector. However, I have never collected a single specimen
in a National Park or National Wildlife Refuge without a permit. I, like the
majority of other collectors, respect the law!

As for Dave Baggett. He is alive and living with his parents in Jacksonville,
Florida. He was a very good friend. I spent many hours in the field with
Dave. What happened to Dave is a very sad story. He was a great
Lepidopterists' and a friend to many. What happened to Dave does not belong
on this list. (Although he may think otherwise!)

Cheers,

Leroy C. Koehn
202 Redding Road
Georgetown, KY  40324