Questions

William Engell wengell at erie.net
Tue Jan 23 20:15:31 EST 2001

extremists/ be careful" discussion, several questions come to mind.

How many collectors are there?
Why do they collect?
What portion of collectors are involved with scientific activity?
What effect does collecting have on populations?
How vigorous is anti-collecting activity?
Are there any cogent arguments against collecting?

I am utterly new to this particular debate.  I'm a binocular type, myself,
having come at butterflies by way of botany.  Would anyone do me the favor
of giving some background on the general situation?  Thanks.