the extremists

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Wed Jan 24 08:17:41 EST 2001

This is the Wrong List to discuss population control. We all know it's
necessary, I imagine we hope that everybody will take individual action
and that therefore governments will not take it over, and we're here to
talk about bugs, worry about bugs, consider how to treat the planet in
order to make bugs happy ...
and hope that as we create a pleasant world for butterflies, the human
population will happily reduce itself; no plagues, poisons, famine and
war called for. A successful organism is one that has grandchildren. If
you are sure that, with an investment in two or three children, you will
have grandchildren, then you're likely to stop at that.
If, on the other hand, your children are dying all around you, a certain
hysterical philoprogenitiveness is to be expected.
There it is then, and the leps list, as I say, recognizes the situation
... but this not the place to figure it out. There are lots of lists ...
Yes, it's babies, not bulldozers, that are taking the wild lands and
requiring all those products. But babies don't make a good enemy.
Speaking as the Department of Symbolism, I'd stick with the bulldozers,
Big Business, and similar scary stuff.
Anne Kilmer
South Florida