Virus

Charles Bird cbird at heartland.ab.ca
Thu Jan 25 22:16:14 EST 2001

Hi,

I inadvertantly picked up the Emanuel4.exe sent out by Richard Low. I hope
that I did not pass it on to anyone. It contained the Navidad.16896.Worm
trojan horse virus. It infected a bunch of Windows 98B files in my system
and it was necessary to have a tech clean the Registry. I then reinstalled
Windows and I am up and running again. If you wish to learn more about this
virus, do an internet search. You will find directions on how to clean your
system. The lesson - I should have been more careful - but Richard's post
looked interesting and safe - also, perhaps because it was a MAPI file, my
Norton AntiVirus program did not alert me to the danger. My tech says that
the people that send out these things are becoming more and more sneaky
about how they do it.

Charley
Dr. Charles Bird, Box 22, Erskine, Alberta, Canada, T0C 1G0