correct + coras/peckius

Clay Taylor CTaylor at swarovskioptik.com
Wed Jul 11 11:58:46 EDT 2001

Ron -

    Fair enough.  After taking a few Excedrin, it all makes sense,

    Seriously, though, an amateur like me has no possible way of knowing
these facts, or even WHERE to look to find them.  I'm not a serious
entomologist and never will be, but I'm a pretty good field observer that
relies on material published for the masses for "correct" information
(including both common and scientific names).

    I realize that the whole "Names" thread started out as a
venting-of-frustration exercise (albeit a very public one), but for me there
were some interesting nuggets of information to be sifted out of the
rhetoric (it took a LOT of sifting).

    That's why I subscribe to this list - to hear about what butterflies
others are seeing across the country (a too-small percentage of the total
messages), and to learn new stuff from people that know more about the
subject than I do.   The grandstanding, snobbery, and intolerance that seem
to dominate the postings oftentimes make reading them quite tedious and
frustrating.  Let's hear more field reports, and less arguing.

Clay Taylor
Moodus, CT
ctaylor at att.net