And what is in a name?

John Shuey jshuey at tnc.org
Thu Jul 12 09:28:54 EDT 2001

Interestingly,  I wouldn't know what a grey gopher was if one hit me with a
stick - But S. franklinii, commonly known to us (here in Indiana and the Midwest
in general) is Franklin's Ground Squirrel, a state endangered species that we
actually manage for at a couple of sites.   And yes they love to eat duck eggs -
another attribute I admire.

Common names suck-

John
____
John Shuey
Director of Conservation Science
Indiana Office of The Nature Conservancy
1505 N Delaware Street, Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46202

phone:  317-951-8818
fax:  317-917-2478