And what is in a name?

cmbb at sk.sympatico.ca cmbb at sk.sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 12 11:10:54 EDT 2001

Probably the same thing.  But that isn't the problem.  Did they, the student
and his advisor, see what they named it to be, or were they looking at S.
richardsonii which is what one would more commonly associate with the area
of their study and not the one that hangs around their university which
borders on a different ecological zone.

I guess that I will have to get in touch with them.  Either they or I will
learn something new.

Martin Bailey,

cmbb at sk.sympatico.ca
phone/fax   306 842-8936

102   1833 Coteau Avenue,
Weyburn, SK., Canada.
S4H 2X3

P.S. Franklin's ground squirrel was named after Captain John Franklin of the
British Royal Navy.
        Lieutenant Richardson collected Richardson's ground squirrel at the
same place as did his boss, Captain Franklin -                 Carlton
House, SK.
        Carlton House is at the "border" of the grasslands and the poplar
and aspen bluffs.