A Leper?

Hank & Priscilla Brodkin hankb at theriver.com
Thu Jul 12 14:20:53 EDT 2001

OK - for historical purposes here is my take on the origin of
lepers/leppers.  I MAY have been the first one to use that term, at
least on the internet.
At the behest of several friends, more than a few years back, I started
the original Leps mail list.  One of my first posts began "Dear Lepers",
influenced by the fact that I had been used to using the expression
"birders" (which, Leroy, probably is in the dictionary by now).  I
immediately got a reply from, I believe, Fred Heath - who pointed out
the connection to leperosy and said I should add use "leppers" instead.
--
	             Hank & Priscilla Brodkin
	          Carr Canyon, Cochise County, AZ
                   Send Mailto:hankb at theriver.com
             SouthEast Arizona Butterfly Association
          http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabasa/home.html
         "Butterflies of Arizona - a Photographic Guide"
    by Bob Stewart, Priscilla and Hank Brodkin - due September 2001
         http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabasa/book.html