collecting?

sebrez at webtv.net sebrez at webtv.net
Sun Jul 15 16:00:28 EDT 2001

 I've begun a collection of moths and butterflies. Feeling too guilty to
hunt, catch and kill specimens, I have found that roadsides and parking
lots have many species injured by automobiles. So I keep my eyes open
and so far in just two weeks, have a red admiral, hybrid admiral,
mourning cloak, two tiger swallowtails, aphrodite fritillary, and I've
actually just in the last couple days have been actively looking. The
hybrid admiral by the way, I found as I was sitting outdside during
breaktime at work and a delivery truck pulled up and parked a few feet
from me and it was stuck in the grill so I picked it off and it was in
extremely good condition, but quite dead.
   I did find another tiger swallowtail that was in really good shape
and it seemed ok, just dazed, so I put it on some milkweed not too far
away.

mail to: sebrez at webtv.net