And what is in a name?

Hank & Priscilla Brodkin hankb at theriver.com
Mon Jul 16 17:44:25 EDT 2001

Anne Kilmer wrote:

>SNIP
> I am very happy to use both scientific and common names, and have been
> doing so for many years. I think perhaps the confusion here results from
> my NABA membership. Not all NABA members espouse all the prejudices and
> failings that a few do.

Anne -
Might I add that MOST NABA members that I know are not anti-collecting.
I can think of only one whose face goes all splotchy when she sees a
net. Perhaps at some point this will sink in - but then what will we
have to argue about ? ;-)

> Myself, I am kind to collectors, and treat taxonomists with courtesy and
> understanding. And I cannot understand why anyone should think
> otherwise.
> Anne Kilmer

Amen!

--
	                  Hank Brodkin
	          Carr Canyon, Cochise County, AZ
                   Send Mailto:hankb at theriver.com
             SouthEast Arizona Butterfly Association
          http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabasa/home.html
         "Butterflies of Arizona - a Photographic Guide"
    by Bob Stewart, Priscilla and Hank Brodkin - due September 2001
         http://www.naba.org/chapters/nabasa/book.html