How many butterflies crossed the road?

cmbb at sk.sympatico.ca cmbb at sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 27 18:10:52 EDT 2001

Given that I was driving at 75 kilometres an hour for 25 miles as 75 leps
lept across the road,  how many leps could I estimate to be in that area if
I knew that it was cropland 25 miles to the east and 20 miles to the west.
(Yes, I was going in a north/south direction.)

What would I dare to infer over and above the fact that 5 leps now graced
the front of my vehicle leaving 70 to have continued to fly on somewhere.

Martin Bailey,

cmbb at sk.sympatico.ca
phone/fax   306 842-8936

102   1833 Coteau Avenue,