Fwd: York/Rock Hill Butterfly Count?

Heath, Fred Fred.Heath at power-one.com
Wed Jun 6 18:57:42 EDT 2001

Dear Chris,
	I know you have no love for NABA. But as a member of the NABA BoD,
as well as the rules committee for the the counts, I can tell you there is
absolutely nothing that would preclude you or anyone else that matter from
submitting a count to NABA even it it was strictly a count of netted and
dead butterflies. Would someone be offended? Maybe. But I for one welcome
the publication of as much data (including hearsay, which us birders have
been using for years to compile data since folks became unhappy with those
noisy shotguns) as we can get.
	I would assume that even if you won't send your Austin Count data to
NABA as part of the official count process that you will at least publish it
here on Leps -L so we can all share the fruits of your yearly endeavors.
Thanks.
---Best regards, Fred