cecropia download time

Woody Woods woody.woods at umb.edu
Thu Jun 7 08:16:17 EDT 2001

In a time when a computer often has a shorter useful life than a pair of
socks, it's encouraging to hear about older equipment that isn't landfill yet.
I used an Osborne I (yes, pre-IBM PC!) on line until the Web came along-- poor
thing just didn't have web feet. Martha, you could have outrun it wearing
clogs. Ron, (sigh) I guess I had better upgrade (though Mr. Gates will
continue to move the goalpost).

One step behind, somewhere on the secondary roads just off the information
highway,

Woody

Martha Rosett Lutz wrote:

> Ron Gatrelle wrote:
>
> "What I am saying is this. Some of us are riding on Donkeys and some in race
> cars.

William A. Woods Jr.
Department of Biology
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd                      Lab: 617-287-6642
Boston, MA 02125                        Fax: 617-287-6650