P. glaucus and P. canadensis

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 7 16:57:53 EDT 2001

Look for introgression in *P. p. asterius* and *P. brevicauda* in the
marshes along the St. Lawrence. My clue is in minor variation that I found
in *asterius* on Ile Perrot QU.
   The Lyman Collection (formerly at Redpath Museum, McGill U., now at
Macdonald College) had/has? a Labrador specimen that looks like a good
*brevicauda* X *aliaska* mix!
   Just because species can introgress does not mean that they are not good
functioning species.
..............Chris Durden