NY Times Butterflying Article

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Sat Jun 9 16:55:42 EDT 2001

John
Thank you for a logical unemotional post. Mine are often filled with
blither, actually anti-blither - for every blither there is an equal but
opposite blithering idiot. Why don't they just come out and say what they
want - intimation indeed. "They" are out to get rid of collectors. Period.
That IS agenda and a conspiracy. Further, plenty of people are still using
lots of guns and killing thousands of birds - turkey, pheasant, quail,
dove, duck, geese and lots more. (I don't hunt animals, birds, or fish - I
just gather lepidopterous specimens for retention in my morgue --..  9 er.
a... repository.)

There has also been a couple thousand butterfly collectors on this planet
for a long long time. And you are on the money in po-po-ing the "hundreds
of thousands". (Pure blitherrrr). Out of 6 billion people on this rock
there are only what? - 75,001? birders (probably 1,500,003 who hunt birds).
If ya can't get more than that interested in birds how is one going to get
them interested in skippers and noctuids?!?!?   I don't even do noctuids. I
will quit before I get back down to their level of blithering.
You blithered first.
No I didn't, you did.
You did.
Did not..