Hyles gallii

gwang gwang at mb.sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 10 01:41:11 EDT 2001

Hi fellow heteroceraphiles,

Just caught a male Hyles gallii tonight, well more like this morning
actually (~1:25 am), and I was just wondering
a) if this would be considered early for this species?  I had always
thought that in my part of the continent that these guys emereged late
June to early July.
b) if there were any described subspecies for H. gallii?
c) whether females emerged a bit later than males.  Should I expect
females to be on the wing later in the week?

Any comments are welcome.

Peace,
Xi
Winnipeg, MB. Canada