Fwd: Re: NY Times Butterflying Article

Patrick Foley patfoley at csus.edu
Mon Jun 11 11:20:15 EDT 2001

Dear foaming fanciers of the furry fliers,

Clearly I did miss the point, which I assumed had something to do with
butterfly collecting.

You know what I really hate about animal rights advocates ( I once stumbled
upon an outdoor revival meeting of these neo-Hitlerites)? Their songs are dumb
and they don't sing on tune. It was quite a comedown from the civil-rights and
anti-war meetings of my youth. It is painful to admit in the face of this
musical mediocrity, that their arguments have nothing to do with their music or
with Adolf Hitler. While I do not always agree, a good overview is Animal
Liberation by the philosopher Peter Singer, that ill-named man. I believe the
preHitlerite Francisco d'Asisi had something to say on the subject also.

Yours in struggle,
Doktor Patrick Foley
patfoley at csus.edu