Chris Durden's "apocryphal tales"

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jun 16 02:07:20 EDT 2001

Neil,
    The term "park special" goes back many decades before those three
properly convicted felons used them in American National Parks. I seem to
recall that Watkins and Doncaster had a "park special" in their catalog
list of 1940's vintage. Perhaps some collector of vintage catalogs can
enlighten us on this?
.........Chris Durden