Leps on Mt. Etna

Larry Robinson lrobinsn at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 20 18:43:18 EDT 2001

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to take the tour bus to the
top of Mt. Etna while on vacation in Sicily.  The pieridae and
nymphalidae were flying in decent numbers all the way up to 2900 meter
parking area where we cold go further towards the summit.  Being from
the US I did not know the species but there were many of what looked
like P. rapae as well as a yellow variety of pieridae that looked like
C. eurythyme.  The nymphalides were all shades of brown.

Larry Robinson
Olathe KS