the doldrums

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Mon Jun 25 14:23:26 EDT 2001

Of course Alex's remarks were not "targeted" at the Brodkins. They were
targeted to an issue, a cultural practice, a tradition that often in many
instances is very lean on scientific substance.  I think Alex, like myself,
agrees with the rational approach and spirit of Hank and Priscilla. I also
think that Alex, like myself, sees Hank and Priscilla as the exception
rather than the rule.

In balance I must say that "this is how it works" with some and in some
quarters - and is how it should work. But here in the eastern US?  I have
seen a lot more "our way or the highway" than reason and a spirit of
cooperation. This "bad attitude" and elitism has come from someplace. To
me, my prejudice is that it came from the top down.
Ron