Mystery Micro Moth: ID, please

Keith Edkins keith.edkins at gwydir.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 13:21:24 EDT 2001

Well it's readily apparent that it's out of focus, but apart from that it
looks like a Pyrausta purpuralis. Especially if it was flying in daylight.
See:
http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/insects/microleps.htm#pyrausta
for photos of this and P. aurata with comments which helpful people have
sent me on distinguishing them.

Keith

news:DrMCDxCmHLO7Ew2d at pigsonthewing.org.uk...