Florida Keys

Eric or Pat Metzler spruance at infinet.com
Tue Mar 20 07:33:32 EST 2001

Ron Gatrelle's point about contact with local law enforcement is excellent.
In Ohio and Louisiana, when I was doing a lot of roadside blacklighting, I
regularly visited (or phoned) the local sheriff's office to let them know
where I was and what I was doing.  It prevented a lot of unnecessary
explaining to wary deputies who were called by neighbors to check out the
crazy blue lights.  Now with cell phones, those calls are even easier to
make.

Liz Day indicated she never heard of getting permission for roadside
collecting.  Although roadside collecting is nearly always legal, the
politics of the Florida Keys can be uncomfortable.  When in the Keys, stick
to private property.

BTW, the two places I remember being turned down for collecting was south
Florida and southwest Texas.  I fully understood both denials, and I was
glad I asked.

Eric Metzler

news:000c01c0b0b3$bba28a00$9b0f1218 at gscrk1.sc.home.com...