Butterfly scandal?

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Wed Mar 21 17:19:07 EST 2001

Ron Gatrelle wrote:

> > Third, was the wild conspiritorial account of how the trees were
> > logged, buterflies killed, and cover up implimented.

Neil Jones responded:

> Let's have some EVIDENCE please. I have not seen any of these conspiratorial
> claims.

Neil, the "Shocking news" post Dr. Chip Taylor sent out the leps-list,
dplex-list, entomol-list and some reporters on March 10 provides the alledged
conspiratorial evidence:

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:04:16 -0600
From: Chip Taylor <chip at ku.edu>
Subject: Mexico --- Shocking news
CC: leps-l at lists.yale.edu,
     Entomology Discussion List <ENTOMO-L at LISTSERV.UOGUELPH.CA>,
     Lori Benson <benson at sciencetimes.tv>, halpern at aya.yale.edu,
     JohnsonK at Coudert.com

The following [from Lincoln Brower] is more news from Mexico concerning
the possibility that large numbers of monarchs were killed by loggers.