verbage re Butterfly scandal

Bob Parcelles,Jr. rjparcelles at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 19:54:27 EST 2001

Hi,

Attaboy Neil! Ron, you wax eloquent again!

Bob Parcelles, Jr.
Pinellas Park, FL

--- Ron Gatrelle <gatrelle at tils-ttr.org> wrote:
> To Neil and all,
>     Impressions and opinions are subjective.
> However, to the person who
> holds them they are absolute reality. Facts,
> statistics, and such are aimed
> at the rational brain. We humans obviously still
> rely a great deal on
> feelings and impressions. Strong feelings can not be
> fought with facts.
> Why? Because the feeling is fact to the one who
> holds it - the Cow IS
> sacred. My fact is that my impression,
> interpretation, application of the
> logger-poison-account-facts is that they are fishy.
> That (my impression) is
> a fact.
>     Next, the below post of Neil's is the first time
> in my life I have ever
> heard of Ron Arnold. I have no idea who he is or
> what he is about. I have
> however, heard the phrase "Facts don't really
> matter, in politics
> perception is the reality" or very close to it.  I
> have heard this reported
> as the credo of US liberals and not US conservatives
> - I would assume
> Arnold is a conservative. Regardless, as an
> apolitical person, my
> impression is that that saying IS the motto of ALL
> who are in politics.
> (Which, by the way, it is you, Neil, who has
> characterized the Monarch
> situation and environmentalism in general as
> politicized entities.) I agree
> with this. Which is why I am interested in what all
> sides have to say and
> evidence, and why I don't automatically believe any
> of it.    Time out.

=====
Bob Parcelles, Jr
Pinellas Park, FL
RJP Associates <rjpassociates at yahoo.com>
rjparcelles at yahoo.com
http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=976131876
"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."- Confucius