was iroides/augustinus - now cutting edge

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Fri Mar 23 15:45:40 EST 2001

I am more and more of the opinion that many "professional" lepidopteron
workers like to make us think they are on the cutting edge of taxonomic
thinking. However, when those who really are come along,  those "pros"
quickly distance themselves under the cover of being "conservative" - lest
they lose their self imagined place at the cutting edge.

(Yes, this is a somewhat plagiarized quote from Book - which my son has
made me too familiar with as a current "assignment" of his as he has
finally gotten bored enough as a 30 year old single to go back to school
and get his masters - which degree his brilliant older sister obtained many
years ago from The Citadel. Want'a see my grand kids pictures too.... )
RG