Digital slide scanner?

DR. JAMES ADAMS JADAMS at em.daltonstate.edu
Wed Mar 28 10:36:21 EST 2001

Ron, Harry, and other interested parties,

	The images on my GA leps website were originally slides that
have been scanned.  With some extra impetus provided by me and
other people, we were able to induce Dalton State College to buy a
couple of state of the art slide scanners.  They are out there, but
currently in most cases quite a bit more expensive than photo
scanners.  However, if you've got the money it would seem well
worth the cost.

	The version we have allows bulk loading -- put 60+ slides in,
press start, come back in a few hours and they're digitized.  This
scanner will also do photographic positives and negatives, SEM
negatives, and a few other things.  The price tag is probably
prohibitive for individuals, but there are other that are less fancy,
and more affordable.  Your basic models probably still run $400.00
to $600.00, without bulk loading capabilities.  If I were going to
personally buy one, I'd get one with which I could get the bulk

	James

Dr. James K. Adams
Dept. of Natural Science and Math
Dalton State College
213 N. College Drive
Dalton, GA  30720
Phone: (706)272-4427; fax: (706)272-2533
http://www.daltonstate.edu/galeps/  (Georgia Lepidoptera)
U of Michigan's President James Angell's
  Secret of Success: "Grow antennae, not horns"