Bt corn turns out to be great monarch habitat

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Sat May 12 00:58:41 EDT 2001

Mike Quinn wrote:

> One relevant quote you neglected to include: "The researchers stress,
> however, that their results are preliminary and still under review by other
> experts."

Mike, before these studies anyone who would have suggested that
the ultra intense crop and roadside monocultures found
in the midwest USA
http://www.saber.net/~monarch/humboldt.jpeg
could be good monarch butterfly breeding
habitats would have been considered brain dead.

Likewise, alot of people think I am brain dead for suggesting
good monarch butterfly overwintering habitats can
exist in ultra urbanized settings such as the following:
http://www.saber.net/~monarch/Picture%208.jpeg
This San Francisco Bay Area overwintering site, by the way, hold
the records for the two longest lived tagged male and female
overwintering monarchs.

Paul Cherubini, Placerville, Calif.