ID: Inch worm on blueberry?

DTDerekson dtderekson at aol.com
Mon May 21 17:55:58 EDT 2001

The dilemmas we find ourselves facing!  I have a small potted blueberry bush
that looked rather sickly. Its leaves were falling off, so I determined to give
it a good pruning and fertilizing.  While exploring the dead sticks on it, I
was faked out by a 2 inch long brown inch worm doing an amazing job of
impersonating one of the dead branches. The poor bush wasn't losing its leaves,
they were being eaten... I was annoyed with myself for not realizing what was
going on...

This is a LITTLE bush -- anyone know what this visitor is and how big it might
get? It looked fairly mature, but I'm not very moth literate beyond the usual
silkmoths. If it's final instar, I may let it go about its business. Otherwise,
I don't want it to denude the "bush"....

Thanks!

DT