White Mtn Arctic and Fritillary

KMcFarland at vinsweb.org KMcFarland at vinsweb.org
Fri Nov 2 11:40:40 EST 2001

Leps-l ers-

I am completing an assessment of White Mountain Arctic (Oeneis melissa
semidea)
and White Mountain Fritillary (Boloria titania montinus) for the White
Mountain
National Forest in New Hampshire, USA.  Information gathered from published
literature, unpublished reports, personal knowledge and field notes of
experts,
regional collections (both university and private), and field work in July-Aug
2002 will be used. I also will be starting a long-term monitoring project for
these two.

There is frightfully little published on these two populations. So what I am
looking for is any personal notes, flight times, collection or sighting
locations...whatever folks can dredge from old field notebooks, collections
and
memory would be great. Anyone have something to contribute? ALL WILL BE FULLY
CREDITED AND ACKNOWLEDGED!

Thanks in advance for any help.

kent
Kent P. McFarland
Conservation Biology Department
Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS)
27023 Church Hill Road
Woodstock, VT  05091
phone   802-457-2779   x124 voice mail
fax             802-457-1053