UK butterfly article

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Fri Nov 2 15:14:05 EST 2001

I agree, without having seen the article. Naturalists and butterfly
collectors and bird watchers, etc have been aware of this simple reality for
at least the past 100 years, if not longer. Everything else is completely
useless if there is no habitat for the plants and animals. Having further
empirical studies (many have already been done I think)to illustrate this
obvious no-brainer, is a waste of valuable social resources that would be
better spent actually protecting some habitat. Anyone who thinks another
study on this topic of disappearing habitat is going to change the minds of
any politicians or cause society to refrain from destroying habitat, are
likely to be disappointed ---