Light trapping

Mikie michael_ann at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 4 19:58:44 EST 2001

Yes, it's me again, with more questions...

After reading Bill's post about using a female decoy, I did a little
web-surfing and came across a site that featured a pic of a light trap setup
- So here I sit on a Sunday night with a spot light shining on a sheet
hanging in my backyard.  My family thinks that I have lost it.  All I'm
getting are gnats and mosquitoes.

So I did some more surfing and found a suggestion that one should use a
mercury-vapor spot.

Is this a seasonal thing to do? (Z8, NE of Houston, Texas)

Are there any hints, tips or tricks that someone can share?

Yours truly with plenty of mosquito bites to boot,
Mikie