Tale of Two Continents --

Grkovich, Alex agrkovich at tmpeng.com
Thu Nov 8 10:09:12 EST 2001

I'm sorry; I made a misstatement below; I hope no one noticed or that it did
not cause any problem. I also wrote Michael that I, for one, absolutely do
agree with David Wright and Harry Pavulaan on the Azures. There is a lot of
work still to be done on our own eastern species besides the Azures, notably
the "Little Wood Satyrs", the "Pearl Crescents", the "Tiger Swallowtails",
the "Black Swallowtails" (it seems to me - I have a male specimen of "Black"
Swallowtail that was caught lurking around a deep oak woodland on a hilltop
in eastern Massachusetts during mid-July (strange behaviour for polyxenes)
that also has a definite yellow "face" and yellow (or partly yellow- I do
not wish to exaggerate) tegulae), the Buckeyes, etc. etc. etc. It just goes
on and on. Our work here has only just begun.