New book --

Kondla, Norbert FOR:EX Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
Thu Nov 8 10:52:27 EST 2001

Just got my copy of a new book on Russian butterflies:
Gorbunov, P.Y. 2001. The Butterflies of Russia: classification, genitalia,
keys for identification. Ekaterinburg: <<Thesis>>. 320 pp.
It is distributed by Pensoft publishers but I do not have their website
address handy.  It has a lot of extremely interesting information in it.
The author is of course within his rights to hold and publish whatever
taxonomic interpretations that he choses but I was shocked by the degree of
lumping at both the genus and species levels.  This degree of lumping makes
even our 'lumpiest' North American lumpers look like rabid splitters in
comparison :-) I repeat, it appears to be a good book despite my views on
many of the taxonomic interpretations.

Norbert Kondla  P.Biol., RPBio.
Ministry of Sustainable Resource Management
845 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, British Columbia V1N 1H3
Phone 250-365-8610
Mailto:Norbert.Kondla at gems3.gov.bc.ca
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca