atlantis fritillary

SMorris253 smorris253 at aol.com
Thu Nov 8 18:55:42 EST 2001

my 10 yr old daughter has a school science project to do on the atlantis
fritillary butterfly, scientific name: Speyeria Atlantis, and we are unable to
find out exactly how this particular butterfly or any are named, and the
meaning of the name, and the life span of this particular butterfly.  Is it
possible someone here could help, or give us a little direction on where to
look for specific information...answering here, or directly to
smorris253 at aol.com would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.